I was born and raised in Charleston, SC. I attended Winthrop University and graduated with a major in Theater. While at school I began writing one-act plays, which I later produced. My debut novel, Present Perfect, landed on Amazon’s Best Seller List and appeared on many “Best Reads of 2013” Book Blogs. The novel won Best Book at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention Awards. My second novel, Past Imperfect, was published in February of 2014 and appeared on several best books of 2014 lists as well. Presently Perfect, the third and final book in The “Perfect” series was released in Dec 2014 to rave reviews. In March 2015 all the love, swoon, heat, and angst were combined into the Perfect Series Box Set. My fourth novel, Stop!, released in June 2015, becoming a bestseller in YA/Teen category.
Random facts about ME!
1. I started a pet therapy group 9 years ago called Paws Together. The group is made up of wonderful volunteers and their dogs, who visit assisted living and rehab facilities once a week to visit with the elderly patients.
2. My husband, Jef and I, owned a custom cake design business that specialized in sculpture cakes.
3. I’ve written and directed several one act plays, one of which toured my home state of South Carolina.
4. I always drink chocolate milk out of the same glass. It’s a Michigan J. Frog glass. Yes, that’s right, from the Looney Tunes cartoons.
5. I’m addicted to anything sweet and Diet Pepsi. My theory is they offset the harmful effects of each other. It’s all about balance in life, folks.
6. I like to make up songs and sing them to my 2 dogs, Buster and Jack. Don’t judge me. They enjoy them.
7. I’ve seen Sting and/or The Police in concert 10 times.
8. I just became an avid reader two and a half years ago.
9. My favorite movies/TV shows are: The Jerk, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller, Forrest Gump, anything with George Clooney, Sons of Anarchy, The Big Bang Theory, The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
10. I’m OBSESSED with Charlie Hunnam!
11. After reading back over this list, it occurred to me that at least half of the things listed are more sad than interesting, really